Thursday, June 25, 2009

Posters for The White Tie Affair and Scary Kids Scaring Kids.
(damn bands with long-assed names...grumblegrumble)

Once again KIA, hired me to design posters for the 2009 Warped Tour.  So stoked.  This is the 2nd year working with KIA, and they hired me to do 2 posters instead of just 1. 

KIA let me come up with the concept on these so I went with a comic book theme.  TWTA reminded me of the romance comics from the 60's and SKSK reminded me of The Fantastic Four Kirby days.  I wanted to be able to include the band members in the posters and have fun at the same time.  This is also the first time I had to draw band likenesses.  Not as easy as I thought.  But I did my best with what they gave me.

The ONLY way to get these is at one of the shows.  They’re FREE!!!  So get on it.

Hope you dig.

©BRIANEWING.com





No comments: